Topics and technology covered:
- Managing RaspberryPI Wifi connections
- Reading binary data from a USB scale
- Drawing Bitmap art to an LED Display connected via GPIO to the RaspberryPI
- Using Redis PubSub to control the queue of graphics and animations displayed on the LED panel.
Features of Coffeebot 3000:
- Measures the remaining coffee in a pot, and displays the amounts on an LED panel
- Responds when a user lifts the pot, and updates the display after replacing the pot
- If the pot has less than 1 mug, or has been on the scale for 2 hours or more, a random animation will be shown. Possible animations: Mario running across the display, a group of Red LEDs oscillating back and forth, or Conway's Game Of Life in various initial configurations with random colors for each pixel.